Hope everyone in the UK enjoyed the our week of summer.
I thought today I will share with you my all time favourite gym accessories. As you may know I have recently started going to the gym daily in order to get ready for a fitness competition later on this year. You can read more about my new journey and goals here. Make sure you subscribe in order to keep up with my posts.
So lets get started with todays MUST HAVES.
- Headphones/Earphones- These were (and sometimes still are when I am training alone) a must have for me. I was very anxious about going to the gym at. the start, but listening to my own music helped tonnes.
- Water- This is probably really obvious but you will be surprised how many people don’t even bring a bottle to the gym, or just forget to drink while there. It is really important to stay hydrated throughout the day and especially at the gym. (tip: take small sips to ensure you don’t feel sickly and full while working out- nothing worse than water moving around in you while you’re trying to workout).
- Gloves- If you are just doing cardio this is probably not essential but if you are using weights I would recommend you to get a set of gloves. It protects my palms from getting sore as I train everyday so this way I don’t get sore hands, and its also great for grip. – sweaty hands and heavy weights are a no-no. Be careful.
- Plan/Notebook- This for me is one of the most important parts of training. I think the best way to keep to something is if its written down in front of you on paper. I can plan a really good training session in my head, but then either give up or forget it when it comes to being in the gym. Write yourself a plan before you go, and make sure you work towards increasing the reps, the time, the weights etc. Challenge yourself! it will be worth it 🙂
- Hairhand- sweaty hair stuck on your forehead or in your eyes is not pretty. Tie your hair up, get sweaty, its the gym not a party. I am really proud of myself, as I completely got over my fear of the gym and will go no matter how bad of a hairday I am having.
Let me know what your favourite things are to take to the gym.
I hope you guys are having a great week! Thank you for reading.